Modification of a Parenting Plan

There are times when modification of a parenting plan makes sense.  There could be a relocation issue or the parties simply have outgrown the plan.  There could also be evidence of misconduct by one parent against a child.   Washington Courts are very careful in deciding whether to grant a modification.  Courts give a preference for stability in the child’s living arrangements.  However, modifications do happen and are appropriate in certain circumstances.

Modification of a parenting plan follows statutorily requirements under RCW 26.09.260.  There are two types of modifications:  (1) major and (2) minor. Compliance with the statute is mandatory.  The party seeking modification is called the moving party. (more…)

Share This: